Our equality and diversity principles
medino is about providing health for you our family and your community. We acknowledge that this goal in itself is ambitious but will not be complete without contributing to society on a greater level. For this reason we also strive for diversity and our vision in this area is as follows:
- People are treated with dignity and respect
- Inequalities are challenged
- We anticipate, and respond positively to, different needs and circumstances so that everyone can receive a service tailored to their needs
On a day-to-day level this means that medino strive towards our vision through the following diversity principles:
- We value diversity and we recognise that different people bring different perspectives, ideas, knowledge and culture, and that this difference brings great strength.
- We believe that discrimination or exclusion based on individual characteristics and circumstances, such as age; disability; caring or dependency responsibilities; gender or gender identity; marriage and civil partnership status; political opinion; pregnancy and maternity; race, colour, caste, nationality, ethnic or national origin; religion or belief; sexual orientation; socio-economic background; trade union membership status or other distinctions, represents a waste of talent and a denial of opportunity for self-fulfilment.
- We recognise that patterns of under-representation can be challenged through positive action programmes.
- We respect the rights of individuals, including the right to hold different views and beliefs. We will not allow these differences to be manifested in a way that is hostile or degrading to others.
- We expect commitment and involvement from all our staff, partners and providers of goods and services in working towards the achievement of our vision.