Beechams Powders 10 Sachets
Beechams Powders 10 Sachets
Get notified when back in stock
Containing aspirin and caffeine, our individual Beechams Powders sachets provide effective relief from cold and flu symptoms.
Provides relief from the following symptoms:
- aches and pains
- sore throat
Provides relief from mild to moderate pain such as:
- rheumatic pain
Each Powder contains: Aspirin 600mg, Caffeine 50mg
Usage and Instructions
How to take: Mix the powder with a little water and stir before drinking.
Adults and children aged 16 years and over:
One powder to be taken every three to four hours as required. Do not exceed six powders in any period of 24 hours.
Elderly: Use with particular caution in elderly patients who are more prone to adverse events.
Children (under 16 years):
Do not give to children aged under 16 years.
Avoid excessive intake of caffeine (e.g. coffee, tea and some canned drinks) while taking this product.
Aspirin may cause bleeding. You must tell your doctor if you experience any unusual bleeding.
Drinking alcohol at the same time as taking aspirin increases the risk of bleeding.
Do not take Beechams Powders:
- If you are allergic to aspirin or salicylates, caffeine, any other medicines snown as NSAIDs or to any other ingredient.
- If you have had an allergic reaction after taking ibuprofen or aspirin.
- If you have had asthma or shortness of breath in response to aspirin before.
- If you suffer from high blood pressure or heart disease.
- If you have ever had a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding of the stomach.
- If you have blood clotting disorders (e.g. haemophilia) or have ever had gout.
- If you have liver or kidney disease.
- If you are under 16 years of age, unless your doctor tells you to. There is a possible association between aspirin and Reye's syndrome when given to children under 16 years. Reye's syndrome is a very rare disease which affects the brain and liver and can be fatal.
- If you are pregnant or breastfeeding, except on medical advice.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Beechams Powders:
- If you suffer from high blood pressure, asthma, allergic disease, kidney or liver problems.
- If you have an intolerance to some sugars.
- If you are taking any prescribed medicines, particularly:Methotrexate, Blood thinning drugs (anticoagulants) or blood pressure lowering treatments (ACE inhibitors), Oral hypoglycaemics (to lower blood glucose), Medicines for treating gout such as probenecid or sulfinpyrazone, Ibuprofen or other painkillers known as NSAIDs (e.g. diclofenac), SSRI antidepressants (such as fluoxetine), Treatments for epilepsy (such as phenytoin or valproate), Beta-blockers (e.g. atenolol), Acetazolamide, Water tablets (diuretics), Steroid hormones (corticosteroids), Antacids.