Buscopan Ibs Relief 40 Tablets
Buscopan Ibs Relief 40 Tablets
Buscopan IBS Relief is a medicine that helps with stomach cramps caused by IBS. It is easy on your stomach but is proven to relieve abdominal pain. It starts working quickly, in just 15 minutes.
- Antispasmodic action targets the source of IBS cramps
- Gentle on the stomach, tough on abdominal pain
- Gets to work in just 15 minutes
- Relieves IBS pain, cramps, and discomfort
- Active ingredient: Hyoscine butylbromide
- Derived from natural plant source
- Directly targets smooth muscles of the abdomen
- Relaxes contractions and interrupts signals causing cramps
What is Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome commonly referred to as IBS, is a condition in which the muscles of the bowel are very sensitive to things like stress, eating and drinking habits, food allergies or intolerances, stimulants such as coffee, and hormonal factors. Such triggers can cause painful abdominal cramps or spasms if you have a sensitive bowel. IBS can also include symptoms like bloating, excess wind, abdominal discomfort, and sometimes diarrhoea or constipation.
What is the active ingredient in Buscopan IBS Relief?
The active ingredient in Buscopan IBS Relief is Hyoscine butylbromide.
What is Hyoscine butylbromide?
Hyoscine butylbromide is an active ingredient found naturally in the shrub Duboisia, a native plant of Australia, and has been used for almost 70 years to provide one of the most reliable forms of IBS relief. Today, its best seeds are carefully grown in greenhouses to make the most of their natural properties.
How does Buscopan IBS Relief work?
Once you take Buscopan IBS Relief, the tablets move to your digestive tract. There, the active ingredient, Hyoscine butylbromide, directly targets the smooth muscles of your abdomen with an antispasmodic effect. It interrupts the signal telling your gut muscles to cramp, relaxing contractions and relieving your IBS pain. Within 15 minutes, Buscopan IBS Relief begins to work in harmony with your stomach, so you can start feeling better.
How long does it take for Buscopan IBS Relief to start working?
Buscopan IBS Relief gets to work in just 15 minutes.
Each tablet contains Hyoscine Butylbromide 10mg as the active ingredient.
Usage and Instructions
Only take Buscopan IBS Relief if your doctor has diagnosed that you have Irritable Bowel Syndrome. You must consult your doctor if you are over 40 years old and it is some time since your last attack of IBS or the symptoms are different this time.
Adults and Children 12 Years or Over Only:
Start by taking one tablet 3 times a day. If more relief is needed, you can increase your dose to a maximum of two tablets 4 times a day.
Swallow the tablet whole with water.
Do not chew it.
Some people may have temporary blurring of vision while taking this medicine. If this happens to you, wait until your vision returns to normal before driving or using any tools or machines.
Do not take Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets if:
- You are allergic to hyoscine butylbromide or any of the other ingredients.
- You are intolerant to or cannot digest some sugars (as the tablet coating contains a small amount of sucrose).
- You have glaucoma (an eye problem).
- You have megacolon (a very enlarged bowel).
- You have something called 'myasthenia gravis' (a very rare muscle weakness problem).
- You are pregnant, likely to get pregnant, or are breastfeeding.
- You are under 12 years of age.
Check with your pharmacist or doctor before taking Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets if:
- You are 40 years or over and it is some time since your last attack of IBS or the symptoms are different this time.
- You have recently passed blood from the bowel.
- You have severe constipation.
- You are feeling sick or vomiting.
- You have lost your appetite or lost weight.
- You have difficulty or pain passing water (urine).
- You have a fever.
- You have recently travelled abroad (in case you have picked up a stomach bug).
- You have a very fast heart rate or other heart problems.
- You have been treated by a doctor for a severe sweating problem.
- You are taking or have recently taken any other medicines, including medicines obtained without a prescription. This includes herbal medicines. This is because Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets can affect the way some other medicines work, and some other medicines can affect the way Buscopan IBS Relief Tablets work.
Check with your pharmacist or doctor straight away if you have unexplained abdominal pain which persists or worsens or occurs with any of the below:
-Fever. -Feeling sick.
-Changes in your bowel movements.
-Low blood pressure.
-Blood in your bowel movements.