Care+ Care Senna 12 Years Plus 7.5mg 100 Tablets
Care+ Care Senna 12 Years Plus 7.5mg 100 Tablets
Constipation can be uncomfortable, but with Care+ Senna Tablets you can get herbal occasional relief from constipation.
- Herbal medicine for the occasional relief of constipation
- Suitable for children over the age of 12 years
- Suitable for elderly people
- This laxative does not help with weight loss
- Should be used for the short term relief of occasional constipation
- Contains Alexandrian Senna fruit (pods)
Each tablet contains: Alexandrian Senna fruit (pods) (Cassia senna L.(C. acutifolia Delile) fruit)) corresponding to 7.5 mg hydroxyanthracene glycosides, calculated as Sennoside B.
This product also contains: Magnesium Stearate, Fennel Seed, Croscarmellose Sodium, Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate Dihydrate, Microcrystalline Cellulose, Colloidal Anhydrous Silica.
Usage and Instructions
For oral administration. The correct individual dose is the smallest required to produce a comfortable soft-formed motion.
For the short term relief of occasional constipation.
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Swallow one to two tablets at night.
A higher dose may be prescribed under medical guidance.
New users should start with the lowest dose and increase it to the maximum dose if necessary. Once you're able to regularly use the bathroom again, dosage should be reduced and can usually be stopped.
If no bowel action has occurred after three days of progressively increased dosage, seek medical advice.
Duration of use:
Normally you'll only need to take this medicinal product up to 2-3 times a week.
If you take it for more than 1-2 weeks, you'll need medical supervision.
If the symptoms persist or worsen during the use of the medicinal product, consult a doctor.
Unless you have Crohn's or Colitis:
- Eat plenty of fiber, which you can find in greens, such as broccoli, but also in peas, beans, pulses, nuts, berries, oats, and other whole grains.
- Drink plenty of water and practice regular movements/exercise with good breathing techniques. This can help the body heal better, faster and strengthen the immune system .
- Taking probiotics as a supplement can also improve gut health and strengthen the immune system. Optibac Probiotics Bifidobacteria & Fibre is a great option.
Do not take if you:
- Have kidney or heart failure
- Have already taken a laxative and are still constipated
- Are severely dehydrated
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients (see above).
- Have faecal impaction or rectal bleeding for which you don’t know the cause, or blood in your stools.
- Have persistent or undiagnosed abdominal complaints, e.g. pain, nausea or vomiting
- Have a gastro intestinal blockage.
- Have wick bowel muscles (atony).
- Have appendicitis, inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Have had a sudden change in bowel habit that has lasted for more than 2 weeks
Tell your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if:
- You have any kidney issues.
- You are taking medicines for a heart condition, including herbal remedies like liquorice root preparations.
- You have been told you have an intolerance to some sugars because this medicine also contains lactose
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding
This product is not recommended for use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do not use for more than 3 days if there is no bowel movement. If this happens, if you need to take Senna every day or if you still have abdominal pain, contact your GP.
As with all laxatives, senna should not be taken on a continuous daily basis for more than five days without looking into the cause of constipation.
If you overuse laxatives like Senna you can damage your health by:
- Causing disturbances of electrolyte and mineral balances, necessary to the proper functioning of organs.
- Causing severe dehydration, that can lead to tremors, weakness, blurry vision, fainting, kidney damage, and, in extreme cases, death. Dehydration often requires medical treatment.
- Harming your intestinal function.
Also, stimulant laxatives like Senna do not help with weight loss. They do not reduce how many calories or nutrients you absorb. They can cause diarrhoea, abdominal cramps and dehydration. Dehydration can seem like weight loss, but it’s not.
Do not exceed the stated dose and do not use for prolongued period of time. Chronic constipation must be investigated by a doctor.
Laxatives do not help in long-term weight loss and can be seriously damaging if taken for the wrong purpose.
If you experience any of the following side effects, stop taking this medicine and consult a doctor or pharmacist:
- Abdominal pain, abdominal spasms and diarrhoea. If you suffer from irritable colon, you might be more likely to experience these side effects, in which case you should reduce the dosage.
- Allergic reactions, hives (skin bumps/rash), skin itchiness or local or more widespread rash.
- Asthma or difficulty breathing. If you experience difficulty breathing call 111 immediately.
- Albuminuria and haematuria (albumin or red blood cells in the urine) if used for prolonged periods of time.
- Yellow or red-brown discolouration of urine may occur, which is harmless.
- Pigmentation of the gastrointestinal tract which usually recedes when you stop taking the product. This usually happens if you take this medication chronically.
Orders placed before 8.pm on working days are dispatched the same day.
Standard delivery (Evri)
Price: £3.49, or free on orders over £25.
Delivers in 2 days, excluding Sunday.
Next day delivery (Evri)
Price: £4.99, or free for orders over £35.
Delivers next day.
All our delivery options include tracking.
We also offer delivery with Royal Mail.