Care Senna 7.5mg 60 tablets
Care Senna 7.5mg 60 tablets
Get notified when back in stock
If you're suffering from mild constipation, these tablets provide gentle relief.
- Tables for short term relief of constipation
- Helps regulate bowel movements
- Easy to take tablets
- Helps clean out bowels before surgery
- Reliable overnight relief
- Senna acts as a gentle herbal remedy
If you're suffering from constipation, these Care Senna tablets will provide reliable, short term relief. Before going to bed, take one to two tablets with water. The gentle senna effects will help you pass a bowel movement in the morning, so you feel comfortable going about your day without feeling sluggish and bloated.
Active ingredient: Senna 7.5mg
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate, Anhydrous, Lactose Monohydrate, Maize Starch, Croscarmellose Sodium Povidone K30, Magnesium Stearate, Maltodextrin.
Usage and Instructions
Always take this medicine exactly as described in this leaflet or as your doctor or pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure.
For oral use only
The correct individual dose is the smallest required to produce a comfortable soft-formed motion.
Adults and children over 12 years:
One to two tablets in a single dose at bedtime.
Children over 12 years:
One tablet at bedtime under medical guidance. The tablets should be taken with a glass of water.
Not recommended for use in children under 12 years, and medical advice should be sought.
Do not take if you:
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients (listed above)
- Have blockage or narrowing of the gastrointestinal tract or bowel (ileus, intestinal obstruction or stenosis)
- Have paralysis or a lack of muscle tone in the bowel (atony)
- Have appendicitis, inflammatory bowel diseases such as Crohn’s disease or ulcerative colitis
- Have severe dehydration
- Have persistent or undiagnosed abdominal complaints, e.g. pain, nausea or vomiting
- Have faecal impaction or rectal bleeding for which you don’t know the cause, or blood in your stools
- Have already taken a laxative and are still constipated
- Have had a sudden change in bowel habit that has lasted for more than 2 weeks
- Have kidney or heart failure
- Tell your doctor, pharmacist or nurse if:
- You suffer from kidney disorders
- You are taking medicines for a heart condition, medicines inducing QT prolongation, diuretics, adrenocorticosteroids or liquorice root preparations
- You have been told you have an intolerance to some sugars because this medicine also contains lactose
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding
This product is not recommended for use if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Do not use for more than 3 days if there is no bowel movemenet. If this happens, if you need to take Senna every day or if you still have abdominal pain, contact your GP.
Do not exceed the stated dose and do not use for prolongued period of time. Chronic constipation must be investigated by a doctor.
Laxatives do not help in long-term weight loss and can be seriously damaging if taken for the wrong purpose.
Side effects when using
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
If any of the following or other side effects occur, stop taking this medicine and consult a doctor or pharmacist:
- Abdominal pain, spasms and diarrhoea, in particular these effects may be experienced by patients with irritable colon. In these cases, a reduction in dose may be necessary
- Hypersensitivity (allergic) reactions, hives (skin bumps), skin itchiness or local or more widespread rash, or asthma
- Chronic use may lead to albuminuria and haematuria which is albumin or red blood cells in the urine
- Yellow or red-brown discolouration of urine may occur, which is harmless
- Chronic use may cause pigmentation of the gastrointestinal tract which usually recedes when the product is no longer taken. The frequency of these effects occurring is not known