Careway Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray 200 Metered Sprays
Careway Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray 200 Metered Sprays
Get notified when back in stock
If you suffer from airborne allergies the convenience of having this hayfever banishing spray on hand at all times cannot be sneezed at.
- Careway Allergy Relief 200 Metered Sprays, for the treatment and prevention of allergic rhinitis and hayfever
- With active ingredient beclomethasone to help prevent and treat symptoms of hayfever and other airborne allergies such as pet or dust allergies
- Non-drowsy and can be used by adults aged 18 or over
- Convenient metered spray application
- Delivers 200 metered sprays
- Convenient pocket-size applicator to take with you (wherever allergies or hayfever may find you)
What are the common symptoms of hay fever?
The symptoms of hay fever may include sneezing and coughing, a runny or blocked nose, itchy, red or watery eyes, itchy throat, mouth, nose and ears, loss of smell, pain around your temples and forehead, headache, earache, and feeling tired.
What causes hay fever?
Hay fever is caused by an allergic reaction to pollen from grass, trees or weeds.
How can I prevent hay fever?
To prevent hay fever, it's important to limit exposure to pollen by avoiding outdoor activities during peak pollen season, keeping windows and doors closed, and using air conditioning. It's also helpful to wear a pollen mask and wash your clothes and hair regularly.
What is Careway Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray used for?
Careway Hayfever Relief Nasal Spray, which contains beclometasone, is used to treat cold-like symptoms caused by allergic rhinitis, which is an inflammation of the inside of your nose that can be brought on by hay fever.
What type of medicine is Beclometasone?
Beclometasone is a type of medicine known as a corticosteroid or steroid.
What are corticosteroids?
Corticosteroids are a copy of a substance the body makes naturally, and they are used to reduce inflammation in the body.
Each spray contains: Beclometasone Dipropionate 50 micrograms
Other ingredients: dextrose anhydrous, polysorbate 80, dispersible cellulose, benzalkonium chloride 95%, phenylethanol and purified water
Usage and Instructions
Recommended dosage for adults aged 18 or over suffering from allergic rhinitis:
2 sprays into each nostril morning and evening. The maximum number of sprays that should be administered each day is 8. Once the symptoms are under control the dosage may be reduced to one spray into each nostril twice a day.
If symptoms have not improved within 14 days, consult your doctor or our pharmacist. For full therapeutic benefit, regular use is essential, so you won't find your symptoms will improve right after the first few sprays. Please note that this product is absorbed slowly by the body, and maximum effect is seen about 3 to 5 hours after administration.
Do not use this product continuously for more than 3 months without consulting your doctor or our pharmacist.
This product should not be used by children or adolescent under 18 years of age.
How to use:
- Remove the dust cap. Shake the bottle gently
- On first using the nasal spray, prepare for use by pressing down on the whitecollar using both your index and middle fingers. Keep the base supported withyour thumb. Continue to press down until the collar stops and then allow it toreturn to it’s original position. Repeat this action until a fine spray appears. Thefirst five attempts to produce a spray should be allowed to go to waste. Now thespray is ready to use.
- To use the spray, first blow your nose gently. Closing one nostril off bend yourhead forward slightly. Hold the bottle upright and carefully insert the applicatorinto the other nostril.
- Slowly begin to breathe in through your nose and whilst doing so press downfirmly on the white collar to produce a fine spray inside your nose. Breath outthrough your mouth.
- Repeat steps 3 and 4 to squirt a second spray in the same nostril. Wash thenozzle frequently with warm water. This will prevent it from getting blocked. Ifthe pump has not been used for a short period of time, re-priming may benecessary (see step 2 above).
Precautions for use:
Do not exceed the maximum spray recommendation.
Nasal Spray by patients using other forms of corticosteroid treatments such as asthma medications, tablets, injections, similar nasal sprays, eye or nose drops, creams or ointments.
Shelf life: this product has a shelf life of 3 years if unopened and 3 months once opened.
How to store this product: Store below 25°C. Do not refrigerate. Protect from light.
Effects on ability to drive or operate machineries: This product doesn't affect your ability to drive or operate machineries.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding: when using Beclometasone Dipropionate in pregnancy, always establish with your doctor or midwife that the benefits of the drug have been weighed against the possible side effects. This medication has been in widespread use for many years without apparent ill consequence. There isn't enough data regarding the safety in pregnancy.
The use of Beclometasone Dipropionate in mothers breast-feeding their babies requires that the therapeutic benefits of the drug be weighed against the potential hazards to the mother and baby.
There aren't many studies on the safety of Beclometasone Dipropionate while breastfeeding. This active ingredient is secreted in milk, but at the dosages used for direct intranasal administration there is low potential for significant levels in breast milk.
Interactions with other medications: In general interactions are unlikely with Beclometasone; however if you take medications such as ritonavir ot cobicistat) caution and appropriate monitoring is advised with the use of such agents.
Side effects of nasal corticosteroids may occur, particularly when prescribed at high doses for prolonged periods.
Rare cases of nasal septal perforation have been reported following the use of intranasal corticosteroids.
Rare cases of raised intra-ocular pressure or glaucoma or blurred vision have been reported. If you notice anything unusual with your vision please contact your GP immediately.
As with other nasal sprays, dryness and irritation of the nose and throat, unpleasant taste and smell and epistaxis (nose bleed) have been reported rarely.
Very rare cases of hypersensitivity reactions including rashes, urticaria, pruritus and erythema and oedema of the eyes, face, lips and throat, anaphylactoid / anaphylactic reactions, dyspnoea and / or Bronchospasm have been reported.