Dioralyte Relief Raspberry 6 Sachets
Dioralyte Relief Raspberry 6 Sachets
What 500,000+ customers say about medino:
This effective treatment for acute diarrhoea focuses on replacing essential body water and salts that are lost during such episodes. Dioralyte Relief Raspberry not only replenishes these vital elements but also aids in returning watery stools to a normal consistency more quickly. Prompt usage is crucial in order to prevent dehydration, which can be particularly dangerous for both the young and elderly populations.
As a useful aid during illness, Dioralyte Relief Sachets work to ensure the body maintains the right balance of fluids and body salts, enabling it to carry out critical functions and preserve overall health. By targeting dehydration caused by diarrhoea, Dioralyte helps restore lost fluids and replace crucial body salts, contributing to a faster recovery.
The active substances are pre-cooked rice powder, sodium citrate, sodium chloride and potassium chloride The other ingredients are hypromellose, aspartame, raspberry flavouring 611417E, purified water and ethanol 96%
Usage and Instructions
Adults (including the elderly) and children over 1 year
- One sachet after each loose stool
- You can take up to 5 sachets each day, for up to 3 to 4 days. Do not take more than 5 sachets in 24 hours
Babies aged 3 months to 1 year
Should only be given under the guidance of a doctor.
The amount depends on how much the baby weighs. The usual dose is 150-200ml of the drink for each kg of the baby’s weight, each day. This can be given over 24 hours.
Give half the drink during the first 8 hours and the other half during the next 16 hours.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure how much to give. If your baby is being sick, you can give 5-10ml (one or two teaspoons) every 5 minutes. This can be gradually increased until they are able to drink normally.
Do not take Dioralyte Relief and talk to your doctor or pharmacist if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to pre-cooked rice powder, sodium citrate, sodium chloride, potassium chloride or any of the other ingredients of Dioralyte Relief (see Section 6: Further information)
- Signs of an allergic reaction include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
- Your bowel is partially or fully blocked (called ‘intestinal obstruction’)
- You have severe kidney or liver disease
- You have something called ‘phenylketonuria’ (a rare illness passed on in families)
- The child taking the medicine is under 3 months old
Do not take this medicine if any of the above apply to you. If you are not sure, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Dioralyte Relief.
Take special care with Dioralyte Relief
Check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking this medicine if:
- You have something called an ‘electrolyte imbalance’ (unusual levels of salts in your body)
- You are on a low potassium or low sodium diet
- The child taking the medicine is under 1 year old
- If you are not sure if any of the above apply to you, talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Dioralyte Relief.
Taking other medicines
Please tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking or have recently taken any other medicines. This includes medicines you buy without a prescription, including herbal medicines. This is because Dioralyte Relief can affect the way some other medicines work. Also some medicines can affect the way Dioralyte Relief works.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding
- Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking any medicine if you are pregnant or breast-feeding. This includes if you are planning to get pregnant or think that you might be pregnant.
Important information about some of the ingredients of Dioralyte Relief
- Dioralyte Relief contains a source of phenylalanine (aspartame). This may be harmful to people with something called ‘phenylketonuria’.
Dioralyte Relief contains 2.5 vol % ethanol (alcohol). One dose contains 191mg of ethanol, which is about the same amount of alcohol as 4ml of beer or 1.7ml of wine. This can be harmful to people with a drink problem. Also take this into account if you are pregnant, breast-feeding or giving this to a child, have liver disease or epilepsy.
Stop taking Dioralyte Relief and see a doctor or go to a hospital straight away if:
You have an allergic reaction. The signs may include: a rash, swallowing or breathing problems, swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
Orders placed before 8.pm on working days are dispatched the same day.
Standard delivery (Evri)
Price: £3.49, or free on orders over £25.
Delivers in 2 days, excluding Sunday.
Next day delivery (Evri)
Price: £4.99, or free for orders over £35.
Delivers next day.
All our delivery options include tracking.
We also offer delivery with Royal Mail.