Epaderm Ointment 500g
Epaderm Ointment 500g
It's not just skin deep. Dryness and irritation can affect all areas of your life, including your sleep and your confidence. Take back control with Epaderm.
- Epaderm Ointment 500g is a deeply therapeutic emollient designed to soothe and manage extremely dry skin, eczema and psoriasis
- 3-in-1 therapy which can be applied directly to your skin, as a bath additive or as a skin cleanser
- Cleanses your skin without drying it out like some soaps
- Locks in moisture whilst protecting skin against other external aggressors
- Suitable for sensitive skin including the delicate skin of babies and children
- Free from fragrances, colours and preservatives
Cetomacrogol Emulsifying Wax BP. (contains Cetostearyl Alcohol and Macrogol Cetostearyl Ether 22)
Yellow Soft Paraffin BP.
Liquid Paraffin Ph. Eur.
Usage and Instructions
You can apply Epaderm Ointment directly onto your skin. Make sure to follow the direction of hair growth to reduce the risk of blocking hair follicles.
To use this emollient as a cleanser, scoop a small amount from the tub, lather it under warm water and then apply it like a normal soap.
When using Epaderm in your bath, take a generous dollop (about the size of a £2 coin) from the tub and melt this in a tumbler of hot water. Wait until it has cooled sufficiently before adding it to the bath. Don't put the hot water directly on your skin. Be careful when using this product in the bath, it can make surfaces very slippery!
Apply your emollient at least twice a day. You should continue to use it even after your dry skin symptoms have disappeared, as this will help maintain the balance of moisture and prevent dry skin flare-ups from reoccurring.
Emollients (both paraffin-based and paraffin-free) are highly flammable, so keep them away from flames, fire and cigarettes.
Dressings, clothing and bedding which have been in contact with an emollient can catch fire easily. Washing fabrics at high temperatures may reduce the build-up of an emollient, but does not remove it completely.
Emollient ointments are highly effective at moisturising your skin; however, they can leave it feeling greasy.
For effective long-term dry skin moisturisation, use overnight.