Nurofen Plus 24 Tablets
Nurofen Plus 24 Tablets
Nurofen Plus Ibuprofen & Codeine 200mg Tablets offer fast acting relief from general and muscular pains including migraines, headaches, cramping period pain, dental pain, back pain, neuralgia, rheumatic pain, muscular pain and cold & flu symptoms.
Suitable for adults and children aged 12 years and over, they contain two active ingredients:
- Codeine: this belongs to a group of medicines called opioid analgesics which act to relieve pain.
- Ibuprofen: this belongs to a group of medicines called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) which provide relief by changing the body's response to pain, swelling and high temperature.
Nurofen Plus Tablets contain codeine and should only be used for pain that is not relieved by other painkillers such as paracetamol or ibuprofen alone. They should be taken for a maximum of 3 days.
Ibuprofen 200mg and Codeine Phosphate 12.8mg
Microcrystalline Cellulose, Sodium Starch Glycollate, Starch Pregelatinised, Hypromellose, Opaspray White M-1-17111 B, Talc.
Usage and Instructions
For oral administration & three days use only.
Adults, the elderly and children 12 years and older:
Swallow 1 or 2 tablets every 4 to 6 hours.
Do not take more than 6 tablets in 24 hours.
Leave at least 4 hours between doses.
Do not give to children under 12 years.
If symptoms persist for more than 3 days, worsen or if new symptoms occur consult your doctor.
For three days use only.
Read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use. For the short term treatment of acute moderate pain when other painkillers have not worked.
Do not take less than four hours after taking other painkillers.
This medicine can make you feel sleepy. Do not drive while taking this medicine until you know how it makes you feel. See the leaflet inside for more information.
Can cause addiction.
Do not take if you:
Have (or have had two or more episodes of) a stomach ulcer, perforation or bleeding
Are allergic to ibuprofen or any other ingredient of the product, aspirin or other related painkillers
Are taking other NSAID painkillers, or aspirin with a daily dose above 75mg
Keep all medicines out of the reach and sight of children.
Speak to a pharmacist/doctor before taking if you:
Have or have had asthma, diabetes, high cholesterol, high blood pressure, a stroke, liver, heart, kidney or bowel problems
Are a smoker
Warning: Do not exceed the stated dose.
If you need to use this medicine continuously for more than 3 days, see your doctor or pharmacist. This medicine contains codeine which can cause addiction if you take it continuously for more than 3 days. If you take this medicine for headaches for more than 3 days it can make them worse.
The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with ibuprofen and codeine:
- Indigestion or abdominal pain (Usually avoided by taking the medicine with food)
- Nausea and vomiting
- Dry mouth
- Skin rash (Stop taking Nurofen plus and consult your doctor if you get a skin rash or sores inside your mouth while taking it)
- Hearing disturbances
- Difficulty passing urine
- Ulceration or bleeding in the stomach or intestine (If you experience any sign of bleeding from the stomach or bowels after taking Nurofen plus, such as vomiting blood and/or passing black/tarry/bloodstained stools, you should stop taking it and consult your doctor immediately),
Codeine can cause:
- Dependence on the medicine if used regularly or for long periods of time (see above)
- Hypersensitivity reactions
- Kidney, liver or blood disorders.
Talk to your doctor, nurse or pharmacist if you want any more
information about the possible side effects of Nurofen plus.