Period Delay - Primolut-N 5mg (PGD) 14 Days Treatment
Period Delay - Primolut-N 5mg (PGD) 14 Days Treatment
Get notified when back in stock
Desire to be period-free on your special day or holiday? Norethisterone offers the perfect solution.
This expert period delay treatment is a synthetic variant of progesterone, a natural female hormone, and works by elevating the body's progesterone levels. This process inhibits the regular shedding of the womb lining, leading to an effective delay of menstruation.
Ideal for special occasions, vacations, or any time when you'd prefer not to be on your period, Norethisterone presents the opportunity to postpone your period for up to 14 days. Enclosed within each tablet is this synthesized form of progesterone. Under normal circumstances, a decrease in progesterone levels triggers monthly periods, but by maintaining these levels, Norethisterone successfully interrupts this cycle. There's no need to schedule appointments or undergo extensive procedures;
Norethisterone is readily available to those who are deemed suitable for the treatment. With its focus on convenience, flexibility, and user control over menstrual cycles, Norethisterone transforms period management into a seamless experience.
1. Is this an over-the-counter medication? NO, this is a prescription-only medication (POM), but Medino pharmacy offers a Period Delay service, called PGD, where a trained pharmacist can dispense Norethisterone to delay your period, after carrying out a clinical assessment.
2. What will happen once I have answered the questions in the form? A pharmacist trained to provide the Period Delay service will assess the form and call you to discuss the answers you provided with you.
3. Why do I need to provide my phone number? In order to dispense this medication without a prescription, the consultation must be carried out via phone or video call. As well as this being a legal requirement to ensure that the medication is suitable for you, the final phone consultation will allow you to ask any questions you may have to the pharmacist.
3. Is the consultation private? Patient confidentiality is one of our top priorities, both the form you fill and the phone consultation are strictly confidential between you and the pharmacist.
4. Do I need to pay for the consultation? The price you see is inclusive of the consultation fee, so you will not have to pay anything extra.
Each tablet contains 5 milligrams of norethisterone.
It also contains: lactose, maize starch, magnesium stearate.
Usage and Instructions
Take ONE tablet three times daily, starting 3 days before the expected onset of menstruation and continuing for not longer than 17 days in total. A normal period should occur 2-3 days after stopping the treatment.
To ensure your safety and well-being, it is important to be aware of certain contraindications associated with the use of Norethisterone.
- Hypersensitivity: If you have a known hypersensitivity to the active substance or anyof the excipients listed in section 6.1, it is advised to avoid the use of Norethisterone.
- Pregnancy: Norethisterone should not be used if you are known or suspected to bepregnant.
- Lactation: If you are currently breastfeeding, it is not recommended to useNorethisterone.
- Thromboembolic Conditions: Norethisterone is contraindicated if you have a history ofprevious idiopathic or current venous thromboembolism (such as deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism).
- Arterial Thromboembolic Disease: Individuals with active or recent arterialthromboembolic disease, including angina or myocardial infarction, should avoid using Norethisterone.
- Thrombosis Prodromi: If you have a presence or history of prodromi of a thrombosis,such as transient ischemic attack or angina pectoris, Norethisterone should not be used.
- High Thrombosis Risk: Individuals at high risk of venous or arterial thrombosis shouldrefrain from using Norethisterone. Please refer to section 4.4 for further details.
- Migraine with Neurological Symptoms: Norethisterone is contraindicated if you have ahistory of migraines with focal neurological symptoms.
- Diabetes with Vascular Involvement: If you have diabetes mellitus with vascularinvolvement, Norethisterone is not recommended.
- Severe Hepatic Disease: Norethisterone should be avoided if you have a history ofsevere hepatic disease, until liver function values return to normal.
- Liver Tumors: Individuals with previous or existing liver tumors, whether benign ormalignant, should not use Norethisterone.
- Hormone-Dependent Malignancies: If you have known, past, or suspected sexhormone-dependent malignancies, including those affecting the genital organs or breast cancer, Norethisterone is contraindicated.
- Pregnancy-related Jaundice or Pruritus: If you experienced idiopathic jaundice orsevere pruritus during pregnancy, Norethisterone should not be used.
- Genital Bleeding: Norethisterone is contraindicated if you have undiagnosed genitalbleeding.
- Untreated Endometrial Hyperplasia: Individuals with untreated endometrialhyperplasia should avoid using Norethisterone.Lastly, it is important to note that Norethisterone should not be used concurrently with medicinal products containing ombitasvir/paritaprevir/ritonavir and dasabuvir. For furtherinformation, please refer to section 4.4 and 4.5 of the product guidelines.Please consult your healthcare professional to determine if Norethisterone is suitable for your specific needs and circumstances.
While Norethisterone is an effective medication, it is important to be aware of potential side effects that may occur. Please note that not all individuals may experience these side effects, and their severity and occurrence can vary. It is recommended to consult your healthcare professional for more personalized information. Here are some possible side effects associated with Norethisterone:
- Gastrointestinal Disturbances: Nausea, vomiting, stomach discomfort, bloating, andchanges in appetite.
- Headache: Mild to moderate headaches may occur during Norethisterone use.
- Menstrual Irregularities: Changes in menstrual bleeding patterns, such as irregularperiods, breakthrough bleeding, or missed periods.
- Breast Tenderness: Some individuals may experience breast tenderness orenlargement.
- Mood Changes: Mood swings, irritability, anxiety, or changes in libido (sex drive).
- Fluid Retention: Mild fluid retention, resulting in weight gain or swelling in theextremities.
- Skin Reactions: Skin reactions like acne, rash, or itching may occur in some cases.
- Fatigue: A feeling of tiredness or fatigue might be experienced by certain individuals.
- Vision Changes: Temporary changes in vision, including blurred vision or difficultywearing contact lenses.
- Allergic Reactions: Rarely, allergic reactions to Norethisterone may occur,characterized by rash, itching, swelling, or difficulty breathing.
- Liver Function: In rare cases, Norethisterone may affect liver function. Seek medicalattention if you experience symptoms such as yellowing of the skin or eyes, abdominal pain, or dark urine.It's important to note that this is not an exhaustive list of side effects. If you experience any unusual or severe side effects while using Norethisterone, it is advisable to seek medical assistance promptly. Your healthcare professional will provide you with further guidance and support.