Sildenafil Mylan 50mg (PGD) 8 Tablets
Sildenafil Mylan 50mg (PGD) 8 Tablets
Erectile dysfunction is a common problem, but it doesn’t mean that you can’t have a fulfilling sex life. Sildenafil can help you to get and maintain an erection so you enjoy the mood when it strikes.
- Sildenafil allows blood to flow into your penis when you’re sexually aroused
- This helps you to get an erection and also to maintain it
- Starts working in as little as an hour
- The effects can last for up to 4 hours, giving you plenty of time to have fun
- Comes in a handy pack of 8 x 50mg tablets
- Sildenafil can also help to harden your erections if you struggle with that
The active substance is sildenafil. Each tablet contains 50 mg of sildenafil (as sildenafil citrate).
The other ingredients are:
- Tablet Core: Cellulose Microcrystalline, Calcium Hydrogen Phosphate Anhydrous, Croscarmellose Sodium (see section 2 ‘Sildenafil Mylan contains sodium’), Magnesium Stearate.
- Film-Coating: Hypromellose (E464), Titanium Dioxide (E171), Indigo Carmine Aluminium Lake (E132), Triacetin.
Usage and Instructions
Take One tablet approximately one hour before sexual activity. Swallow the tablet whole with a glass of water. Maximum of one tablet in 24 hours.
Always take this medicine exactly as your doctor or our pharmacist has told you. Check with your doctor or our pharmacist if you are not sure.
Suitable for adults over 18 years old.
The recommended starting dose is 50 mg.
You should not take Sildenafil Mylan more than once in 24 hours. If you feel that the effect of Sildenafil Mylan is too strong or too weak, talk to your doctor or our pharmacist. Sildenafil Mylan will only help you to get an erection if you are sexually stimulated. The amount of time Sildenafil Mylan takes to work varies from person to person, but it normally takes between half an hour and one hour. You may find that Sildenafil Mylan takes longer to work if you take it with a heavy meal (e.g. hamburger).
If Sildenafil Mylan does not help you to get an erection, or if your erection does not last long enough for you to complete sexual intercourse you should tell your doctor or speak to one of our pharmaicsts.
If you take more Sildenafil Mylan than you should: You may experience an increase in side effects and their severity. Doses above 100 mg do not increase the efficacy.
You should not take more tablets than your doctor tells you to. Contact your doctor if you take more tablets than you should.
Please read the enclosed leaflet carefully before use.
Do not take if you:
- don’t have an erection problem
- take any nitrate medicine for chest pain or heart failure
- take riociguat (or other guanylate cyclase stimulators) for high blood pressure in the lungs
- take ritonavir for the treatment of HIV
- are using amyl nitrates (poppers)
- have been advised by your doctor to avoid sexual activity because of a problem with your heart or blood vessels
- have a severe heart or liver problem
- have low blood pressure
- have ever had severe vision loss or a rare inherited eye disorder
- have a penis deformity, such as Peyronie’s disease
- have an allergy to any of the ingredients in this product
- have a history of non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION).
Talk to our pharmacist or doctor before taking if you:
• get very breathless or feel chest pain with light or moderate physical activities
• have a heart problem
• have high blood pressure that is not controlled
• take any other medicines listed in the package leaflet
• take any other medicines for erectile dysfunction
• ever had a persistent erection that lasted for more than 4 hours
• have a stomach ulcer or bleeding disorder, such a haemophilia
• have diagnosed mild to moderate liver problems
• have diagnosed severe kidney problems
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them. The side effects reported in association with the use of sildenafil are usually mild to moderate and of a short duration.
The most common side effect experienced by patients taking sildenafil are:
- face flushing (feeling red and hot in the face)
- blurred vision
If you experience any of the above symptoms discuss it with your GP or one of our pharmacists. A chance in dosage or type of treatment might be enough to manage the side effects and still be able to use ED treatments.
If you experience any of the following serious side effects stop taking Sildenafil Mylan and seek medical help immediately:
- An allergic reaction: Symptoms include sudden wheeziness, difficulty in breathing or dizziness, swelling of the eyelids, face, lips or throat.
- Chest pains: If this occurs during or after intercourse, get in a semi-sitting position and try to relax. Do not use nitrates to treat your chest pain.
- Loss of vision
Rare (may affect up to 1 in 1,000 people):
- Prolonged and sometimes painful erections. If you have an erection which lasts for more than 4 hours, you should contact a doctor or visit your nearest A&E department immediately.
- A sudden decrease or loss of vision
- Serious skin reactions. Symptoms may include severe peeling and swelling of the skin, blistering of the mouth, genitals and around the eyes, fever.
- Seizures or fits.
Before taking this medication, please read the package insert carefully and completely for the full list of possible side effects.