Sominex 8 Tablets
Sominex 8 Tablets
Sominex Tablets are a night-time sleep aid to help relieve occasional sleeplessness and help you get a good night's sleep. Package contains 8 tablets.
Promethazine Hydrochloride 20mg
Usage and Instructions
Adults, the elderly and children aged over 16 years and over:
Take one tablet at bed-time. It may be taken up to one hour after going to bed when sleep is difficult to achieve.
Do not give to children under 16 years of age unless your doctor tells you to.
Sominex is for those occasions when you cannot get to sleep because your natural routine is disturbed. For temporary (short-term) relief only. If symptoms persist, consult your doctor.
Sominex Tablets will cause drowsiness so you should not drive or operate machinery until the effects have worn off.
Do not drink alcohol when taking Sominex Tablets.
Sominex Tablets are for short term sleeping problems. It should not be used for more than 7 days without talking to the doctor.
Pregnancy tests based on urine samples may give false positive or negative results if used when taking this medicine.
Allergy skin tests may give false negative results. Sominex should not be taken during the 3 days before the test.
Do not take Sominex Tablets if you:
Have an allergy to any of the ingredients.
Have concussion, light headedness, drowsiness, dizziness or a recent head injury.
Have taken MAOIs (monoamine oxidase inhibitors) for depression within the last two weeks.
Are under 16 years of age.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist before taking Sominex Tablets if you:
Have asthma or breathing problems or bronchitis.
Have experienced or are being treated for seizures (e.g. epilepsy). Sominex may affect the risk of seizure.
Have difficulty passing urine.
Have glaucoma (raised pressure inside the eyeball).
Have prostate trouble.
Have kidney or liver problems.
Have heart problems.
Have a blocked intestine.
Are taking other medicines
If you are pregnant, might be pregnant or are breastfeeding. Sominex should not be used in pregnancy unless the doctor has told you to do so.
There are possible side effects caused by Sominex:
- Feeling disorientated.
- Blurred vision.
- Dry mouth.
- Difficulty passing urine (urinary retention).
- Unexpected increase in excitability.
- Rash or itching.
- Loss of appetite.
- Awareness of your heartbeat (palpitations).
- Low blood pressure (hypotension).
- Abnormal movements of the hands, legs, face, neck and tongue, eg tremor, twitching, rigidity (extrapyramidal effects).
- Increased sensitivity of the skin to sunlight (photosensitivity). You should avoid sun lamps and strong sunlight while you are taking this medicine.
- Yellowing of the skin and whites of the eyes (jaundice).
- Disturbances in the normal numbers of blood cells in the blood.