Voltarol 12 Hour Emugel 30g
Voltarol 12 Hour Emugel 30g
Get notified when back in stock
Voltarol 12 Hour Joint Pain Relief Gel relieves pain, inflammation and swelling from painful conditions affecting the joints and muscles.
- Pain relief for swelling (inflammation) in muscles, back and neck
- Active ingredient, diclofenac
- Does not pass through the stomach like tablets
- Penetrates deeply into the source of pain and swelling
- Provides a cooling and soothing effect when applied to the skin
- 30g tube
Voltarol Joint Pain Relief Gel contains a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug called diclofenac to target the source of pain. The gel works by blocking the production of some of the body's chemicals that cause pain, tenderness and swelling and by relieving your pain, it helps restore your mobility, so you can continue to be active. When you apply the gel to the skin, you'll find it'll bring instant cooling relief that'll make it easier to go about your day.
Active substance: diclofenac diethylammonium. Each 1g of gel contains 23.2mg of diclofenac diethylammonium.
Other ingrediens: Butylhydroxytoluene, Carbomers, Cocoyl caprylocaprate, Diethylamine, Isopropyl alcohol, Liquid paraffin, Macrogol cetostearyl ether, Oleyl alcohol, Propylene glycol, Perfume eucalyptus sting, Purified water.
Usage and Instructions
For adults and children aged 14 years and over:
Apply the gel 2 times a day, every 12 hours (preferably morning and evening) on the painful area.
- Do not use if tamper evidence seals are broken.
- Use a finger, thumb, side of your hand or even edge of a table against the underside of the cap lid to open the flip-top cap easily.
- Gently squeeze out a small amount of gel from the tube and apply to the painful or swollen area, slowly rubbing into the skin.
- The amount needed will vary depending upon the size of the painful or swollen area; an amount ranging in size from a 1 penny to a 2 pence piece will usually be sufficient (2-4g).
- You may notice a slight cooling effect when you rub the gel in. Only use the smallest amount of Voltarol 12 Hour Joint Pain Relief 2.32% Gel needed to relieve your pain but never use more than 8g per day and 56g in one week.
- After use, if needed, remove the remaining amount of the gel from the flip-top cap with a cotton towel or absorbent paper until visually clean and dry. Close the flip-top cap, until you hear a ‘click’ sound. Hold the tube upright when opening or closing the flip-top cap to avoid possible leaking of the gel.
Unless the hands are the site being treated, wash your hands after rubbing in the gel, to avoid accidental contact with the mouth and eyes.
Do not use Voltarol 12 Hour Joint Pain Relief 2.32% Gel for more than 14 days unless longer treatment is recommended by a doctor.
If the pain and swelling do not improve within 7 days, or if they get worse, tell your doctor.
In children aged 14 years and over, if this product is required for more than 7 days for pain relief or if the symptoms worsen the patient/parents of the adolescent is/are advised to consult a doctor.
Do not use if pregnant.
If breastfeeding only use if your GP recommended it and do not apply on breast, nor for a long period of time.
Be extra cautious if you take other anti-inflammatories of the NSAID family, such as Ibuprofen or Aspirin, as they can interact and increase the chance of experiencing side effects.
Do not apply on broken skin.
Some people may experience side effects, including skin irritation or redness. Should these side effects appear, please contact a medical professional and stop using the product immediately.