Weight Loss Treatment - Wegovy 0.25 mg PF Pen (PGD) STEP 1
Weight Loss Treatment - Wegovy 0.25 mg PF Pen (PGD) STEP 1
Get notified when back in stock
Are you on a mission to find a more effective weight management method? Wegovy PF Pen, available in the UK, is your go-to solution, offering a blend of convenience and scientific assurance to support your health journey towards significant weight loss.
Why is the Wegovy PF Pen Your Ideal Weight Management Partner?
- MHRA-Approved for Your Safety: Our Wegovy PF Pen adheres to stringent standards, boasting approval from the Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA), ensuring a safe, trustworthy route to weight control.
- Simplified Obesity Management: Bid farewell to complex weight loss regimes. With its user-friendly mechanics, the Wegovy PF Pen simplifies obesity management, making daily injections quick and hassle-free for all individuals.
- Accurate Dosing for Assured Progress: The precision in every click of the pen guarantees consistent dosing, providing you with the correct amount every time, crucial for steady, observable weight loss results.
- Tolerable Side Effects: While weight loss treatments often come with daunting side effects, the Wegovy PF Pen prioritises your comfort, designed to present minimal disruptions to your daily life, making your wellness journey smoother.
- Discretion and Mobility: The pen's sleek design promises discretion and portability, empowering you to be consistent with your weight management journey, wherever you are, without drawing attention.
- Dedicated UK-Based Customer Care: Navigating your path to wellness alone can be daunting, which is why our pharmacy team is always available, providing timely assistance and expert advice tailored to your unique journey.
Start your transformative journey with the Wegovy PF Pen. Invest in your health and wellness by choosing the trusted, safe route to managing obesity. Embrace the change, experience the breakthrough, and enjoy a more confident, revitalised you.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs):
Is this an over-the-counter medication?
No, this is a prescription-only medication that can be purchased over the counter via a private service called PGD (Patient Group Direction).
What are the service inclusion criteria?
Wegovy PF Pen is suitable for a specific group of individuals who meet the following criteria:
- Age Range: People aged between 18 and 74 years.
- BMI Threshold: People with an initial Body Mass Index (BMI) of 30 kg/m² or greater qualify for the Wegovy PF Pen.
- Failed Previous Weight Management Attempts: The pen is intended for people in whom prior attempts at weight reduction, including supervised diet, behavior modification, and increased physical activity, have not resulted in a practical and sustainable reduction in weight.
- Weight-Related Comorbidities: People with an initial BMI of 27 kg/m² or greater are also eligible if they have at least one weight-related comorbidity. These comorbidities may include, but are not limited to:
- Obstructive sleep apnoea
- Type 2 diabetes mellitus
What will happen once I have answered the questions in the form?
A pharmacist trained to provide this private service will assess the form and call you to discuss the answers you provided with you.
Why do I need to provide my phone number?
In order to dispense this medication without a prescription, the consultation must be carried out via phone or video call. As well as this being a legal requirement to ensure that the medication is suitable for you, the final phone consultation will allow you to ask any questions you may have to the pharmacist.
Is the consultation private?
Patient confidentiality is one of our top priorities, both the form you fill and the phone consultation are strictly confidential between you and the pharmacist.
Do I need to pay for the consultation?
The price you see is inclusive of the consultation fee, so you will not have to pay anything extra.
You should select the strength of Wegovy recommended in your personal treatment plan, starting with the 0.25 mg. If you have doubts about this, please ask our pharmacist before proceeding with your order on firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may need to identify the intended user with an identity check. More information about this will be provided during the consultation.
Each dose contains 0.25mg of semaglutide in 0.37mL solution.
One pre-filled pen contains 1 mg (four doses) of semaglutide in 1.5 mL solution.
*Semaglutide is a human glucagon-like peptide-1 (GLP-1) analogue produced in Saccharomyces cerevisiae cells by recombinant DNA technology.
Other ingredients: Disodium phosphate, dihydrate Propylene glycol, Phenol, Hydrochloric acid (for pH adjustment), Sodium hydroxide (for pH adjustment), Water for injection
Usage and Instructions
Inject 0.25mg subcutaneously once per week for 4 weeks (28 days).
The day of weekly administration can be changed if necessary, as long as the time between two doses is at least 3 days (>72 hours). After selecting a new dosing day, once-weekly dosing should be continued.
Wegovy® is for subcutaneous use only and should not be administered intravenously or intramuscularly.
It should be injected in the abdomen, thigh or upper arm. The injection site and timing can be changed without dose adjustment.
Wegovy® should not be mixed with other medicinal products.
Wegovy® FlexTouch pen is designed to be used with NovoFine Plus®, NovoFine® or NovoTwist® disposable needles up to a length of 8 mm.
Sometimes, this medicine might cause stomach issues. This can lead to dehydration in rare cases, which can affect your kidneys. If you notice any stomach problems, be aware of the risk of dehydration and make sure to drink enough water.
In rare cases, our medication can cause a problem with your pancreas called acute pancreatitis. It's essential to know the symptoms of this issue. If you ever suspect you have it, stop taking the medication and talk to your doctor. If it's confirmed, don't restart the medication. Be cautious if you've had pancreatitis before.
For Patients with Diabetes:
If you have diabetes, remember that this medication isn't a replacement for insulin.
Hypoglycemia in Patients with Diabetes:
If you have diabetes and you're taking this medication along with insulin or certain other diabetes drugs, you might be at a higher risk of low blood sugar (hypoglycemia). To reduce this risk, your doctor might adjust your insulin or other medications. We haven't studied adding this medication if you're already taking insulin.
Diabetic Retinopathy in Patients with Type 2 Diabetes:
If you have type 2 diabetes and you're using this medication, you should be aware that there's a slightly higher risk of complications with your eyes. Rapid improvement in your blood sugar control can sometimes temporarily worsen diabetic retinopathy. Make sure to keep a close eye on your eye health and follow your doctor's advice.
Populations Not Studied:
We don't have enough information about how this medication affects people with severe heart problems (New York Heart Association class IV) or people who are 75 years or older.
The medication has very little sodium, so you don't need to worry about your salt intake when using it.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding
This product should not be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
|System Organ Class||Very Common||Common||Uncommon||Rare|
|Immune system disorders||Anaphylactic reaction|
|Metabolism and nutrition disorders||Hypoglycemia in patients with type 2 diabetes|
|Nervous system disorders||Headache||Dizziness|
|Eye disorders||Diabetic retinopathy in patients with type 2 diabetes|
|Cardiac disorders||Increased heart rate|
|Gastrointestinal disorders||Vomiting Diarrhoea Constipation Nausea Abdominal pain||Gastritis Gastroesophageal reflux disease Dyspepsia Eructation Flatulence Abdominal distension||Acute pancreatitis||Delayed gastric emptying|
|Skin and subcutaneous tissue disorders||Hair loss||Angioedema|
|General disorders and administration site conditions||Fatigue|
|Injection site reactions|
|Investigations||Increased amylase||Increased lipase|