Zirtek Allergy Relief 21 Tablets
Zirtek Allergy Relief 21 Tablets
What 500,000+ customers say about medino:
Zirtek Allergy Tablets are an effective solution for the mitigation of symptoms related to hay fever and year-round allergies, including pet allergies, dust, and urticaria. The active ingredient in these tablets, cetirizine hydrochloride, is an antihistamine that works by inhibiting the histamine response responsible for the manifestation of allergic symptoms. As a result, individuals may experience relief from discomfort associated with such symptoms as sneezing, nasal irritation, runny and congested nose, itching, red and watery eyes, and skin rashes.
- Treat symptoms associated with hay fever, pet allergies, dust, and urticaria
- Contains cetirizine hydrochloride
- 21 tablets
What is the active ingredient and how does it work?
The active ingredient in Zirtek Allergy is cetirizine dihydrochloride, an antiallergic medication. It works by blocking histamine, a natural substance that your body produces during an allergic reaction, thereby alleviating nasal and ocular symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis and providing relief from urticaria.
What symptoms or conditions can be treated with this product?
Zirtek Allergy, is an antiallergic medication aimed at relieving the nasal and ocular symptoms of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis, as well as providing relief for urticaria, a condition characterised by itchy, raised skin welts.
How does food affect the absorption of Zirtek Allergy?
Food does not affect the absorption of Zirtek Allergy.
Active Ingredient: Cetirizine Hydrochloride 10mg.
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Lactose, Colloidal Anhydrous Silica, Magnesium Stearate, Hydroxypropylmethyl Cellulose (E464), Titanium Dioxide (E171) and Polyethylene Glycol.
Usage and Instructions
Adults and children aged 12 years and over:
Take one tablet daily. If the tablets make you feel drowsy or dizzy, taking half a tablet twice a day may be better than taking one tablet once a day.
Children aged 6 to 12 years:
Take half a tablet twice a day.
Children under 6 years: Not suitable.
Avoid alcoholic drink while you are taking this medicine.
If you are due to have an allergy test, ask your doctor if you should stop taking Zirtek Allergy for several days before testing. This medicine may affect your allergy test results.
Some people have reported that they feel drowsy or dizzy while they are taking Zirtek Allergy .
If you are affected do not drive or use machines.
This medicine contains lactose. If you have been told that you have an intolerance to some sugars, contact your doctor before taking these tablets.
Do not take Zirtek Allergy if:
- You are allergic to cetirizine dihydrochloride or any of the other ingredients in this medicine.
- You are breastfeeding.
- You have severe kidney failure (creatinine clearance less than 10 ml/min).
- You have problems of urinary retention.
- You have hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose- galactose malabsorption.
Check with your pharmacist before taking Zirtek Allergy if:
- You have problems with your kidneys.
- You have predisposition factors of urinary retention (eg: spinalcord lesion, prostatic hyperplasia) as cetirizine increases the risk of urinary retention.
- You suffer from epilepsy or are at risk of convulsions.
- You want to use for children less than 6 years of age
- You are pregnant or trying to become pregnant.
The following are some of the side effects that are known to be associated with cetirizine. Just because a side effect is stated here doesn't mean that all people taking this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
- Common side effects (affect between 1 in 10 and 1 in 100 people)
- Mild sleepiness or feeling tired. Don't drive or drink alcohol if affected.
- Dry mouth.
- Sore throat.
- Feeling sick or abdominal pain.