Derma UK Sebco Coconut Compound Ointment 100gNew in
Derma UK Sebco Coconut Compound Ointment 100g
Dry scaly skin on your scalp can be an embarrassing medical condition. Sebco is a medication that helps to soften and remove these scales, giving you back your confidence.
- Used as a treatment for dry, scaly skin on your scalp
- These skin diseases can include dandruff, eczema, seborrhoeic dermatitis and psoriasis
- helps to soften and remove the scale when used regularly
- Contains coal tar solution, sulphur and salicylic acid in a coconut oil base
- Ingredients have been used in the UK for many years
- Based on an ointment which contains ingredients that have been popular with dermatologists and doctors for over 70 years
The active ingredients are: coal tar 12% w/w, salicylic acid 2% w/w and sulfur 4% w/w. The other ingredients are: coconut oil, white soft paraffin, cetostearyl alcohol, glycerol, liquid paraffin, polyoxyethylene glycerol monostearate, hard paraffin.
Usage and Instructions
Adults and children over 12 years:
- Part your hair, and apply a small amount of Sebco to the area of your scalp that is affected. If you get some in your eyes, wash it out immediately with cold water.
- Gently massage in the ointment to your scalp, wash your hands, and leave it to work its magic for around one hour.
- After an hour, rinse out the ointment with warm water.
Apply Sebco daily for three to seven days to bring your condition under control, then use once or twice a week as needed.
If you don't see any improvement after the first week or if you're still experiencing symptoms after four weeks, speak to a doctor or one of our pharmaicsts.
Children 6 – 12 years: Sebco should be used with medical supervision only. Ask your doctor before purchasing Sebco.
Children under 6 years: We don't recommend children under 6 years to use this product.
Do not use Sebco:
- If you know you are allergic to coal tar, salicylic acid, sulphur or any of the ingredients.
- If you have an acute infection of an area of skin. Swelling, pain, redness and maybe pus are signs of this.
Make sure your doctor or pharmacist knows if any of the above affects you.
Take special care with Sebco:
- Avoid contact with the eyes and any areas of broken skin.
- Coal tar can stain clothes and jewellery. Remove or protect these before application.
Other medicines and Sebco Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you are taking, have recently taken or might take any other medicines.
Pregnancy and breast-feeding Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this, or any other medicine when you are pregnant, think you may be pregnant, are planning to become pregnant, or are breastfeeding. Your doctor will decide whether it is in your best interests to use Sebco in these circumstances.
Sebco contains cetostearyl alcohol Cetostearyl alcohol may cause a sensitivity rash (e.g. contact dermatitis).
Like all medicines, there is a chance of getting side effects when using Sebco ointment, although these are normally rare and mild.
The following side effects have been reported:
- Irritation of the skin
- Inflammation of the hair follicles causing soreness and small pus filled spots around the base of the hairs
- Rarely, a sensitivity rash to sunlight
If you experience any of the above side effects, or any effects not listed here, please stop using Sebco and speak to your pharmacist or GP.