Gina 10 mcg HRT 24 vaginal tablets
Gina 10 mcg HRT 24 vaginal tablets
Hormone Replacement Therapy (or HRT) helps to rebalance your hormones during the menopause and ease the side effects these shifts in hormones may cause.
- Gina 10 mcg HRT 24 Vaginal Tablets are a clinically-proven local vaginal treatment for dryness and irritation during the menopause
- Contains the active ingredient, estradiol, a type of female sex hormone
- Gently soothe dryness, soreness, pain during sex, itching and burning
- Works to replace the oestrogen levels which drop during the menopause
- Applied directly into the vagina for targeted relief
- 24 tablets
Estradiol, hypromellose, lactose monohydrate, maize starch and magnesium stearate. The film-coating contains: hypromellose and macrogol 6000.
Usage and Instructions
Always follow the advice of your doctor or pharmacist when using this HRT.
When you're first using Gina 10 mcg HRT 24 Vaginal Tablets, use one vaginal tablet each day for the first 2 weeks of treatment.
To maintain comfort after the initial treatment, use one vaginal tablet twice a week, leaving 3 or 4 days between each dose.
This product is designed for menopausal women who have not had a period for at least one year.
If you stopped using Gina and are thinking of starting again, you can do so as long as your overall health has not changed. Which dose you should take when you re-start taking Gina depends on whether your symptoms came back or not:
- If after your break from Gina your symptoms did not worsen, then you can re-start Gina at the maintenance dose (1 vaginal tablet to be inserted twice a week).
- If after your break from Gina your symptoms worsen, then you can re-start Gina at the starting dose followed by the maintenance dose after the first 2 weeks.
Do not exceed the recommended dosage.
If you forget to take a dose, do not double dose to make up for the forgotten one.
Do not use this product if you:
- Are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant
- Are allergic to any of the ingredients
- Have or ever had womb or ovarian cancer
- Have or recently had vaginal or genital bleeding, since your periods stopped due to the menopause
- Have recent or suspected endometrial hyperplasia (or e.g. if you have been referred for an ultrasound of your womb and are waiting for the results)
- Have previously been treated with oestrogen only HRT (without Progestogen) and you have not had your womb removed
- Have a current vaginal infection
- Have any thickening, lump or scarring on your vulva
- Have severe vaginal itching, or itchy patches or rash on your vulva
- Have or ever had breast cancer, or have a lump/change in appearance in your breast, or nipple discharge
- Have or ever had a blood clot in a vein
- Have or ever had a heart attack, stroke or angina
- Have a blood clotting disorder
- Have liver disease and your liver function tests have not returned to normal
- Have a rare condition called ‘porphyria’
Speak to your doctor or pharmacist for advice before using this product if you:
- Have a history of endometriosis or excessive thickening of the womb lining
- Are already on HRT, including tablets, gels or patches
- Are switching from another vaginal oestrogen
There are some side effects associated with this product, although not everyone will get them.
If you experience any of the following symptoms, discontinue use and speak to your doctor immediately:
- New vaginal bleeding, spotting or itching
- You have endometriosis and your symptoms come back
Speak to your doctor immediately if you:
- Have yellowing of the skin or whites of your eyes
- Have large rise in blood pressure (symptoms may be headache, tiredness, dizziness)
- Have migraine-like headache for the first time
- Become pregnant