Imodium Plus Comfort 6 Tablets
Imodium Plus Comfort 6 Tablets
Get notified when back in stock
Perfect for treating short-lived attacks of diarrhoea, Imodium Plus Comfort Tablets also help to soothe the stomach cramps, bloating and wind that come with diarrhoea.
- Diarrhoea tablets, designed for fast relief of short-term diarrhoea
- Starts to soothe your stomach within one hour of taking
- Helps to slow down an overactive bowel
- Contains Loperamide, a powerful substance that helps to treat diarrhoea
- Helps your body to absorb water and salts
- Contains 6 capsules with 2mg of Loperamide in each one
Perfect for keeping on hand just for when you need them, these diarrhoea tablets help to soothe your stomach. Containing Loperamide Hydrochloride, Imodium Plus Comfort 6 Tablets help to reduce diarrhoea by slowing down overactive bowels and giving the body time to absorb the water and salts it could be losing. Giving you ultimate comfort, these tablets also contain Simethicone – which breaks up the trapped wind in the bowel that can cause cramps and bloating.
This medicine is for use in adults and children aged 12 years and over.
Ative Ingredients: Loperamide hydrochloride (2mg per tablet) and Simeticone (measured as 125mg dimeticone per tablet).
Usage and Instructions
Adults (over 18): should take two tablets initially, followed by one tablet after each loose bowel movement.
Children aged 12-18 years: Take one tablet initially, followed by one tablet after each loose bowel movement.
Do not take more than 4 tablets in 24 hours.
Children aged under 12 years: Not recommended.
Do not take this medicine if the following applies to you:
- If you are allergic (hypersensitive) to loperamide hydrochloride, simethicone, or any of the other ingredients of the caplets (see patient information leaflet).
- If you have a high temperature (e.g. above 38º C) or blood in your stools.
- If you are having a flare-up of an inflammatory bowel condition like ulcerative colitis.
- If you have severe diarrhoea after taking antibiotics.
- If you are constipated or your stomach appears swollen.
- If any of these apply to you, get advice from a doctor or pharmacist without taking Imodium Plus Caplets.
Ask your doctor or pharmacist for advice before taking this medicine if you are pregnant, think you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
Do not take this medicine if you are breastfeeding as small amounts of the medicine may get into your milk. Talk to your doctor about a suitable treatment.
Like all medicines, loperamide can cause side effects, but many people have no side effects or only minor ones.
Common side effects:
These common side effects happen in more than 1 in 100 people.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if these side effects bother you or do not go away:
- constipation (difficulty doing a poo)
- feeling dizzy
- feeling sick
- farting (wind)
Tell a doctor straight away if you:
- feel faint or less alert, or if you pass out (faint)start moving in a clumsy, uncoordinated way
Serious allergic reaction:
In rare cases, it's possible to have a serious allergic reaction (anaphylaxis) to loperamide.