Micralax Micro-enema 5ml
Micralax Micro-enema 5ml
Micralax Micro Enema provides effective relief from constipation and helps clear the bowel for those who are bedridden, elderly, giving birth, and children. This product is also suitable for emptying the bowels before examinations such as x-rays or colonoscopies. Containing active ingredients sodium citrate and sodium alkylsulphoacetate, Micralax works as a laxative by drawing water into the lower bowels, softening stools and making them easier to pass.
Micralax Micro Enema comes in easy-to-use, disposable 5ml tubes with a 5-6 cm long flexible nozzle. Each carton contains 12 single-use enema vials, ensuring a fresh application every time. The enema treatment typically works within 5 to 15 minutes, so it is advisable to stay close to a toilet when using the product.
This gentle and effective solution is suitable for various situations, including constipation relief for bedridden patients, the elderly, children over 3 years old, and women giving birth. Additionally, it can be utilised to empty the bowels before medical examinations such as x-rays or colonoscopies. Micralax Micro Enema provides a discreet, hygienic, and localised treatment that promotes bowel movement without irritating the delicate lining of the bowels.
Each Microlax Enema tube contains the following active ingredients: sodium citrate 450 mg, and sodium alkylsulphoacetate 45mg. Also contains sorbitol solution, glycerol, sorbic acid, and purified water.
For further information please refer to pack insert.
Usage and Instructions
- Twist off the cap and squeeze a drop of the solution out of the tube – that will make it even easier to insert the tip of the tube.
- Sit down on the loo in your usual position, or just squat down a little and insert the neck of the tube completely into your rectum. The small rounded tip is thinner than a suppository and can be inserted safely and painlessly when used as directed.
- Gently squeeze out the entire contents (only 5ml) of the tube into the rectum.
- Keeping the tube squeezed tightly, withdraw the tip from the rectum. Tighten your buttox muscles to prevent the solution from running out. Important: To allow stools to soften, it is important not to have a bowel movement immediately; you should wait at least 5 minutes.
- There will be a gentle bowel movement within 30 minutes after use. It will likely be a normal bowel movement that can be controlled.
- After use, dispose of the micro-enema.
You should not use Micralax if:
- You are allergic to sodium citrate or sodium alkylsulphoacetate
- You are allergic to any of the other ingredients in Micralax
- You have an inflammatory bowel disease.
- You should speak to your doctor or midwife before using Micralax if you are pregnant or breastfeeding
Most people find that using Micralax causes no side effects, provided it is used correctly and as described in the patient information leaflet.
If you use Micralax too much it may cause diarrhoea or loss of fluids. If your symptoms don't improve within a few days, you should stop using Micralax and speak to your doctor or our pharmacist.