Norgalax 6 Micro-Enemas 10g
Norgalax 6 Micro-Enemas 10g
What 500,000+ customers say about medino:
Norgalax is a micro-enema that gives you relief from constipation and helps to clear the bowel before examinations.
- Micro-enema, designed to give you relief from constipation
- Effective and easy to use
- Helps to give relief from constipation
- Contains Docusate Sodium
- Works within 5-20 minutes
- Easy to take gel substance
For comfort before examinations or to help relieve constipation, Norgalax 6 Micro-Enemas get to work fast.
The active ingredient docusate sodium works in two ways: helping the stool in the bowel soften, and also stimulating the bowel to make it easier to relieve constipation. Effective at helping you go without straining, this enema is an easy-to-use gel that's administered rectally and usually works in 5 to 20 minutes.
Active Ingredients: Each 10g Norgalax micro-enema contains 0.12g Docusate Sodium BP.
Other Ingredients: Sodium carboxymethylcellulose and water.
Usage and Instructions
Here's how to use:
- Pull the cap off the neck of the tube.
- Gently squeeze the tube and smear a drop around the neck of the tube to help it slide in.
- Push the neck of the tube all the way into your rectum.
- Squeeze the tube gently until it is empty. Stay near a toilet because you should need to use it in about 5 to 20 minutes after using Norgalax.
Norgalax is not for children under 12 years old.
The usual dose of Norgalax is one tube. You can use a second tube later in the day, or on the next day if you need. Do not use Norgalax for more than a few days at a time.
Do not use if:
- You have haemorrhoids (piles) or bleeding from your rectum
- You have a pain in your abdomen
- You feel sick or are being sick
- Your doctor has told you that you have a blockage in
- Your intestine, sores around your anus (anal fissure), inflammatory bowel disease or rectocolitis
Medicines and their possible side effects can affect individual people in different ways. The following are some of the side effects known to be associated with Norgalax. Just because a side effect is stated here doesn't mean that all people using this medicine will experience that or any side effect.
- Anal or rectal burning or pain
- Rectal bleeding
- Prolonged, excessive use of laxatives can lead to diarrhoea, low potassium levels in the blood (hypokalaemia) and an imbalance in the amount of fluid and salts (electrolytes) in the body.
- Prolonged, excessive use may also make constipation worse in the long term, as the gut can become reliant on the laxative. Don't exceed the recommended dose of Norgalax or use it for more than five days unless advised to by your doctor.
If you want any more information about the possible side effects of Norgalax you should talk to your doctor or pharmacist, or read the leaflet that comes with the medicine.