Solgar Vitamin C 500mg 100 Capsules5% off
Solgar Vitamin C 500mg 100 Capsules
Solgar Vitamin C 500mg Vegetable Capsules contains Vitamin C, an antioxidant vitamin essential to the body's health and is often seasonally used to support the immune system. Vitamin C is also known to support healthy skin and joints. Also known as Ascorbic Acid, Vitamin C is a water-soluble vitamin.
Unlike most other animals, humans cannot make their own Vitamin C. With Vitamin C playing a role in more than 300 bodily functions, life itself depends on regular replenishment. Its primary function is to maintain Collagen, a protein necessary for the formation of skin, ligaments, bones and teeth, and for the strength of blood vessel walls. In addition, Vitamin C plays an important part in the absorption of Iron, which is necessary for the formation of red blood cells. It also plays a role in the utilisation of Folic Acid, one of the B-Complex Vitamins.
It is well noted that Vitamin C is destroyed by food preparation more than any other nutrient. It is also well known that the body does not store Vitamin C, but tends to excrete excess amounts.
By taking 1 of Solgar Vitamin C 500mg Vegetable Capsules, you will receive 500mg of this essential vitamin, to help fight free radicals. Free radicals can lead to oxidative stress and the premature aging of cells. Vitamin C also contributes to:
- The normal collagen formation for the normal function of blood vessels, bones, cartilage, gums, skin and teeth
- The normal energy-yielding metabolism
- The normal functioning of the nervous system
- The normal psychological function
- The normal functioning of the immune system, as well as during and after intense physical exercise
- The protection of cells from oxidative stress
- The reduction of tiredness and fatigue
- The regeneration of the reduced form of vitamin E
- The increase of iron absorption
All Solgar products meet our industry recognized "Gold Standard" for excellence. Made using naturally sourced ingredients and innovating since 1947, Solgar is your perfect supplement to good health - 98% of Solgar consumers recommend the brand
Vitamin C (as L-Ascorbic acid), Bulking Agents: (microcrystalline cellulose, ethylcellulose) Vegetable Capsule Shell: hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, Anti-caking Agents: (vegetable magnesium stearate).
Usage and Instructions
As a food supplement for adults, 1 capsule, preferably at mealtime, or as directed by a healthcare practitioner.