Vardenafil Accord 20mg (PGD) 8 Tablets
Vardenafil Accord 20mg (PGD) 8 Tablets
Vardenafil is indicated in adult men with erectile dysfunction (sometimes called impotence), which is the inability to achieve or maintain a penile erection sufficient for satisfactory sexual performance.
- Lasts for up to 5 hours
- Kicks in within 15-30 minutes
Vardenafil belongs to a group of medicines called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors and works by relaxing the blood vessels in your penis, allowing blood to flow into your penis when you get sexually excited and causing an erection. They will only help you to get an erection if you are sexually excited (stimulated).
In order for Vardenafil to be effective, sexual stimulation is required.
Vardenafil Accord is a ‘generic medicine’. This means that Vardenafil Accord is similar to a ‘reference medicine’ already authorised in the European Union (EU) called Levitra.
1. Is this an over-the-counter medication? NO, this is a prescription-only medication (POM), but medino pharmacy offers a private erectile dysfunction service, called PGD, where a trained pharmacist can dispense some medications for erectile dysfunction, after carrying out a clinical assessment.
2. What will happen once I have answered the questions in the form? A pharmacist trained to provide the Erectile Dysfunction private service will assess the form and call you to discuss the answers you provided with you.
3. Why do I need to provide my phone number? In order to dispense this medication without a prescription, the consultation must be carried out via phone or video call. As well as this being a legal requirement to ensure that the medication is suitable for you, the final phone consultation will allow you to ask any questions you may have to the pharmacist.
3. Is the consultation private? Patient confidentiality is one of our top priorities, both the form you fill and the phone consultation are strictly confidential between you and the pharmacist.
4. Do I need to pay for the consultation? The price you see is inclusive of the consultation fee, so you will not have to pay anything extra.
Each film-coated tablet contains 20mg vardenafil (as hydrochloride trihydrate).
Tablet core: Crospovidone (type B), Magnesium stearate, Cellulose, microcrystalline, Silica, colloidal anhydrous
Film-coat: Macrogol 400, Hypromellose (E464), Titanium dioxide (E171), Iron oxide red (E172), Iron oxide yellow (E172)
Usage and Instructions
Take One tablet approximately 25-60 minutes before sexual activity. Maximum of one tablet in 24 hours.
Take One tablet approximately 25-60 minutes before sexual activity. Maximum of one tablet in 24 hours
Drinking excessive alcohol can temporarily reduce your ability to get an erection. To get the maximum benefit from your medicine, you are advised not to drink large amounts of alcohol before sexual activity.
Vardenafil Tablets can cause dizziness and can affect your vision. Do not drive or use machines if you suffer from these side effects after taking this medicine.
If you have been told by your doctor that you have an intolerance to some sugars, such as lactose, speak to your pharmacist or doctor before taking this medicine.
You can improve your erectile function by making lifestyle changes; these include exercising regularly, reducing stress, giving up smoking and avoiding excessive alcohol use. If you are feeling depressed or anxious, talk to your pharmacist or doctor, who will be able to provide you with further advice.
Sexual activity can put extra strain on your heart. If you have a heart problem or think you might have a heart problem you should tell your pharmacist.
Do not take Vardenafil 20mg Tablets if you:
- you are allergic or sensitive to Vardenafil or any of the other ingredients listed on the pack.
- you are taking any medicines known as nitrates (including “poppers”).
- you are currently taking any medicine (guanylate cyclase stimulators, such as riociguat) to treat high blood pressure in the lungs.
- you are currently taking ritonavir (to treat HIV).
- you have ever had loss of vision due to optic nerve damage or an inherited eye disease, such as retinitis pigmentosa.
- you have low blood pressure.
- you have problems with your liver, heart or blood vessels.
- you have a deformity of your penis, such as Peyronie’s Disease.
- you are a woman
- you are under 18 years old
- you don't suffer with erection problems. If you do not have an erection problem, as this medicine will not provide any benefit to you.
Before taking Vardenafil 20mg Tablets, speak to our pharmacist or your doctor if:
- Are currently taking any other medications or have any medical condition, even the one not listed in the leaflet
- Get very breathless or feel any pain in the chest with light or moderate activity (e.g. walking briskly for 20 minutes or climbing two flights of stairs). Your doctor may need to check whether your heart can take the additional strain of having sex.
It is important to have a check-up with your doctor as soon as possible within the first 6 months of using Vardenafil 20mg Tablets to ensure that your erection problems are not caused by another serious health condition. Even if you feel healthy, your erection problems may be linked to other serious health conditions. Erectile dysfunction may be an early sign of: Heart and blood vessel problems:
- High blood pressure.
- High cholesterol.
- You should discuss your symptoms and these conditions with your doctor if you have not already done so.
Yes, just like all medicines, this treatment may cause side effects in some users. Common side effects include:
- Heartburn and nausea
- Stuffy or runny nose
- Upset stomach
It is important that you stop taking this medication and contact your doctor or nearest hospital straight away if you experience any serious side effects, including chest pains, an allergic reaction, skin reactions or rashes, or seizures.