Feminax Express 8 Tablets
Feminax Express 8 Tablets
Feminax Express provides fast and effective relief from cramps, muscular pain, and other symptoms associated with your period.
- Feminax Express provides fast, effective relief from period pain
- Soothes back pain, cramps, muscle pain and headaches
- Active ingredient of ibuprofen, an anti-inflammatory
- Also helps to treat dental pain, nerve pain and rheumatic pain
- Can also reduce high temperatures and symptoms of cold and flue
- Comes in a pack of 8 tablets
Tired of cramps, backache and general period pain? We hear you. Feminax Express is designed to help soothe the symptoms of period pain, making that time of the month a bit easier. The active ingredient in Feminax Express is the painkiller ibuprofen – a common anti-inflammatory drug, that's often used to help with period pain. Here's why it works: ibuprofen helps to provide pain relief at the site of the pain, rather than affecting the nervous system. That means it's ideal for directly decreasing inflammation caused by muscle cramps – so you can sleep easier and get through the day without period pain.
Each tablet contains the active ingredient Ibuprofen lysine 342mg
Usage and Instructions
Adults and children over 12 years old:
Take one or two Feminax tablets with water, preferably alongside or after a meal.
Take every four hours if needed.
Don't take more than 6 tablets in any 24 hour time period.
Feminax Express isn't suitable for children under the age of 12.
Don't use this product if you are allergic to ibuprofen, aspirin or any other painkillers, or any of the other listed ingredients.
Don't take Feminax Express if you:
- Have or have had a stomach ulcer, perforation, or bleeding of the stomach
- Severe kidney, liver, or heart failure
- Are taking aspirin with a daily dose of more than 75mg
- Are in the last 3 months of pregnancy
- Have, have previously had, or are at risk of heart problems, high blood pressure, or stroke
- Are in the first 6 months of pregnancy or are breastfeeding
- Have heart problems (e.g. heart disease, angina) or have had a heart attack, bypass surgery, peripheral artery disease, or any kind of stroke
- Have high blood pressure, diabetes, high cholesterol, a family history of heart disease or stroke, are a smoker
Feminax Express should not be taken at the same time as other medicines, as they can interact. For a list of which medicines you should not take with this product, please read the patient information leaflet.
Like all medicines, Feminax Express can have side effects, although not everyone will experience them. These side effects include:
- Signs of intestinal bleeding, e.g. vomiting blood or dark particles resembling coffee grounds, black tarry stools, blood in stools, etc.
- Signs of a serious allergic reaction, e.g. asthma, wheezing, shortness of breath, swelling of facial features, rashes, rapid heart rate, collapse, etc.
- A severe skin reaction called DRESS, showing symptoms of skin rash, fever, swelling of lymph nodes, increase of a type of white blood cells called eosinophils
- Stomach pain or discomfort, nausea, indigestion, heartburn
- A headache
- Skin reactions, e.g. hives, rash, itching
- Diarrhoea, flatulence, constipation, vomiting
- Stomach ulcer or perforation
- Worsening of bowel problems, e.g. ulcerative colitis or Crohn’s disease
- Kidney problems, showing symptoms of cloudy urine, more or less urine than usual, blood in urine, pain in the back and/or swelling, very rarely kidney failure
- Liver problems showing symptoms such as yellowing of the skin and eyes (jaundice), pale coloured stools, dark urine
- Blood disorders, showing symptoms such as unexplained/unusual bruising or bleeding, sore throat, mouth ulcers, fever, extreme paleness, weakness, exhaustion
- High blood pressure, heart failure, swelling due to fluid build-up, stroke
If you experience these or any other side effects while using this product, stop use and speak to your doctor or pharmacist straight away.