GlucoRx CarePoint 4mm 32g 100 Needles
GlucoRx CarePoint 4mm 32g 100 Needles
Introducing the GlucoRx CarePoint 4mm 32g 100 Needles, a prime choice for individuals requiring insulin injections. These needles are universally compatible with all insulin pen delivery devices, ensuring a seamless fit for a wide range of users. Designed with patient comfort in mind, they feature a triple bevel tip for a smoother injection experience. The high-grade siliconisation and electropolishing processes further enhance ease of use, making diabetes management less daunting. These needles are a testament to GlucoRx's commitment to quality and patient care.
- Universal Compatibility: Fits all insulin pen delivery devices, including major brands like Eli Lilly and Novo Nordisk.
- Triple Bevel Design: Ensures a gentler injection by reducing tissue trauma.
- Electropolished and Siliconised: For a smoother glide and easier injection process.
- Maxflow™ Technology: Extra thin wall design allows for maximum flow rate and quicker injections.
- Individually Packed: Each needle is sterilised and ready for single use, ensuring safety and hygiene.
What are the benefits of using GlucoRx CarePoint needles?
They provide a comfortable injection experience with minimal pain and are easy to use.
How does GlucoRx CarePoint 4mm 32g 100 Needles work?
The needles attach to insulin pens to deliver insulin subcutaneously with minimal discomfort.
Can these needles be reused? No, for safety and hygiene, they are designed for single use only.
How should the needles be disposed of?
After use, they should be discarded safely in a sharps bin.
Are GlucoRx CarePoint needles available in different sizes?
Yes, they come in a complete size range to fit various needs and preferences.
1 x box of 100 individually wrapped 4mm GlucoRx CarePoint needles
Usage and Instructions
- Wash and dry your hands.
- Remove your insulin pen cap. For cloudy insulin, roll between the palms of your hands 10 times and gently turn over the pen 10 times.
- Select a new CarePoint Pen Needle and attach it to the pen, then remove the protective cap.
- Test that the pen is working by selecting 2 units. Hold the pen upright and press the button to release the dose. Watch to see that insulin appears at the needlepoint. If it doesn't, repeat the process until it does.
- Dial the required dose on the pen.
- Select an injection site. The most commonly used sites are the abdomen, outer thighs, upper arms or buttocks, but check with your healthcare practitioner or our pharmacist who can advise on the best sites for you to use. Remember to rotate your injection sites.
- Pinch your skin into a fold and fully insert the needle at 90 degrees to your skin.
- Press the button to release the dose, holding the pen still.
- Don’t forget to count to 10 before removing the needle, to make the full dose is delivered.
- Remove the pen and take off the needle, safely disposing of it in a sharps bin.
Never carry GlucoRx CarePoint Insulin Pen Needles with the needle already attached. This causes air to enter the cartridge and slow the insulin dosage time. If it hurts when using GlucoRx Finepoint needles, try the following:
- Let a doctor decide which pen needle size is best for you; consult them about using different needle size, pen, or injection site.
- Never reuse GlucoRx CarePoint Needles as this can cause bacterial growth on the needle and dull the tip, resulting in painful injection and risk of the needle breaking off or dislodging in your skin.
- Remove the outer and inner caps carefully so as not to bend the needle.
- Inject insulin when at room temperature.
- Make sure you use the correct injection technique: penetrate the skin quickly and relax your muscles.
- Injections of smaller insulin doses hurt less; ask a doctor if doses can be split.
It’s not unusual for GlucoRx CarePoint Insulin Pen Needles to puncture a tiny blood vessel so some blood appears when injecting. This can be stopped by putting light pressure on the injection site with a cotton ball, without rubbing to prevent bruising.
If a bruise appears, do not use GlucoRx CarePoint Insulin Pen Needles on the same site again until the bruise goes. If bleeding has occurred before, consult a healthcare professional on injection technique and/or if another medical problem has presented itself.
If leakage occurs after using GlucoRx CarePoint Insulin Pen Needles, the needle may not be under the skin long enough – try to count up to 10 slowly before withdrawing the needle. There may still be some leakage after withdrawing a needle anyway but this should not affect blood glucose control.
Make sure that the skin fold technique is also being used, release the pinch before the GlucoRx CarePoint Insulin Pen Needles are removed from the skin.
Skin problems at the injection site when using GlucoRx CarePoint Insulin Needles can occur due to changes in the subcutaneous fat:
- Lipohypertrophy: appears as soft, grape-like lumps under the skin from insulin reaction or needle reuse. Rotate injection sites to prevent this happening.
- Lipoatrophy: loss of fat under skin so it dips is a rare occurrence with impure insulin’s.
Although less painful, never use GlucoRx CarePoint Insulin Needles into lumps because insulin does not absorb well there. Do not forget scheduled insulin injections as this can affect glucose levels and your overall health.
Show 3 more reviews
Orders placed before 8.pm on working days are dispatched the same day.
Standard delivery (Evri)
Price: £3.49, or free on orders over £25.
Delivers in 2 days, excluding Sunday.
Next day delivery (Evri)
Price: £4.99, or free for orders over £35.
Delivers next day.
All our delivery options include tracking.
We also offer delivery with Royal Mail.